[arch-dev-public] Important changes in qt3-1:3.3.8b-4 in [testing] repo

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 17:44:57 EDT 2013

The qt3 package in the [testing] repo has some major changes. The most
important one is that it is now being installed in /usr instead of /opt/qt.
To use the qt3 binaries, you need to use the -qt3 suffix (e.g.: qmake-qt3,
moc-qt3, etc.) like it was done for the qt4 packages. The profile
/etc/profile.d/qt3.sh was removed.

The packages built against the qt3 in [extra] should continue to work
without any rebuild necessary. They will however need to be fixed to build
against the new qt3 but I have build fixes for all the qt3 packages in the
repos. I will push these fixes in svn once qt3-1:3.3.8b-4 will move to
[extra] in a few days if there are no issues.

Eric