[arch-dev-public] I think we're ready for GNOME 3.8 in [testing]

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:34:35 EDT 2013

Salve, citizens!

I think we're ready to push GNOME 3.8 into [testing], so our TUs can
start doing the necessary [community] updates.

What to do (from memory):
- Move contents of [gnome-unstable] to [testing]
- Get [community-testing] updates going. This affects IIRC
  packages using libgee and js, since they received major upgrades.
  If possible, upgrade to the current versions, else move depends to
  the legacy libgee06 and js185.
- Stabilize in [testing]. Move to [extra].
- Drop gnome-games, got split. Drop gcalctool, got renamed.
- Look into dropping as many legacy GNOME packages from
  [extra] as we can, such as metacity, gnome-panel, gnome-screensaver,
  gnome-games-extra-data, gnome-applets, gnome-themes-extra.
  Maybe more, if we want to purge old stuff and demote it to [community]
  or the AUR.

 I probably forgot something. Reminders? Objections?