[arch-dev-public] Qt 5.0.2 and qtchooser

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 11 08:28:56 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I changed our qt5 packages structure with the update to the new Qt5 minor
release.
Our qt5 binaries are now installed in /usr/lib/qt/bin and a -qt5 symlink in
/usr/bin is provided.

In result the qtchooser tool can be used to set the system qt toolkit to use.
By default, Qt5 is used.

For non-qt5 users this means that you can install qtchooser and get the qt
tools in /usr/bin back.
E.g. qt4 only users have no /usr/bin/qmake; installing qtchooser and setting
the default Qt toolkit to Qt4 will make /usr/bin/qmake back.

--
Andrea
Arch Linux Developer