[arch-dev-public] [pacman-dev] debug package repositories

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:46:22 EDT 2013

On 15 April 2013 09:59, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Separate debug repositories won't happen - we can't even put
> split packages into different repositories

Fair enough.

> Even if
> the db sizes double, we are still way under 5MB per db, which is a
> reasonable size considering our users' bandwidth nowadays.

It's not only the size of the database. I can see the problem with the
size of repositories if someone keeps a mirror to save bandwidth if
they have lots of computers, but they don't need debug packages.

On 15 April 2013 10:11, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> DB size is not the only consideration.  For example -Ss output will be
> "polluted".

Maybe it could be filtered on the pacman side, ie. add some switch
that would enable/disable showing of -debug packages.

Lukas