[arch-dev-public] Signoff policy for i686

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:31:20 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am 22.04.2013 12:31, schrieb Allan McRae:
>> So I would propose:
>> 1) x86_64 signoff policy stays the same
>> 2) i686 only requires one signoff
>> 3) the one i686 signoff can be waived if there is a testsuite that passes
>
> Thanks for bringing this up to make it finally an official policy. This
> might need some changes to archweb though.

The default "# of signoffs to require" would be easy enough to
configure based on architecture. I'll spike this right now.

Allan, for point (3), I wonder if some more makepkg meta info would
come in handy here? We now record checkdeps and makedeps, but also
recording

    function = build
    function = package
    function = check

or something like that might be useful for this and other tools. A
even more sophisticated approach might record the total time each of
these steps took...food for thought.

-Dan