[arch-dev-public] The next LTS

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:16:02 EDT 2013

Op zondag 4 augustus 2013 14:37:35 schreef Tom Gundersen:
> Hi,
>
> In case someone missed it, Greg just announced that 3.10 will be the
> next LTS kernel [0].
>
> It might make sense to bump linux-lts to 3.10 shortly after linux-3.11
> moves to [core]. What do you think?
>
> -t
>
> [0]: <http://www.kroah.com/log/blog/2013/08/04/longterm-kernel-3-dot-10/>

We should go for it, 3.10 definatly has some nice features people might wanne
mess around with, first that comes to mind is lxc containers created with
docker for example.

lts is being used for some servers usage, even if archlinux is far from the
most suitable distribution for servers, it still is suitable for that case.

--
Ike