[arch-dev-public] Fwd: The Final Cleanup

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 14:46:26 EST 2013

Hi Gaetan,

2013/12/7 Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>:
> You missed most of my points. That's okay.

Ditto.

> Could you explain to me why an application needs a desktop file when
> nobody on earth cares whether it has one or not?

It is odd to be asked to explain a point of view that I never had nor expressed.
If nobody on earth cares whether an application has a desktop file, I
don't think it needs one either.

> It's quite patronizing for you to assume that the silent majority is on
> your side. Actually, I'll take it on mine:

Hope you are aware that you are also calling yourself patronizing here.

> I will revert all the changes you make to packages of which the
> maintainers have not explicitly given their consent to your actions in
> this thread. Except of course if those maintainers explicitly contact me
> to opt out of the revert.

Very well. Your objection is noted.

- Alexander / xyproto