[arch-dev-public] sysvinit vs. sysvinit-compat

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:06:43 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Those packages have conflicts on each other, sysvinit-compat is in base
> group,
> so shouldn't sysvinit moved to extra?

sysvinit is in a split PKGBUILD with sysvinit-tools which is a depends
for systemd-sysvcompat.  As sysvinit-tools needs to stay in core, so
does sysvinit as we can't have split packages in different repo.  So
sysvinit will need to remain in core unless we decide to remove the
initscripts package. In that case sysvinit won't be necessary anymore.

Eric