[arch-dev-public] KDE 4.10 enters [testing]

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 6 05:30:25 EST 2013

It's true: KDE 4.10 packages are now available in [testing].

See the upstream announcement[1] for more info about this major release.

Another KDE module has moved to git: kdegames. As side effect the packages
libkdegames and libkmahjongg replace kdegames-libkdegames and libkdegames-
libkmahjongg respectively. Also there's a new game named picmi.

The printer applet in kdeutils has been removed and replaced by print-manager,
which also provides a KCM module.

Finally, a new dictionary runner and a new set of qml wallpapers are shipped
too.

The kdeartwork-aurorae package has been removed from the KDE SC.

This release introduce two soname bump:
* libkipi.so.9 -> libkipi.so.10
* libkdcraw.so.21 -> libkdcraw.so.22
As side digikam and kipi-plugins need to be rebuild, but the current version
in [extra] doesn't work with KDE 4.10. We'll switch to the first RC of digikam
3.0.x ASAP.

Please report any packaging bug to our bug tracker. Upstream bugs go upstream.

Note: someone could have some trouble when updating or installing a fresh KDE,
if so try with `pacman -S testing/kde`.

Have a nice Kupdate!

[1] http://kde.org/announcements/4.10/

--