[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add Wayland/Weston

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Thu Feb 7 19:23:30 EST 2013

Hello gentleman,

Wayland is now in version 1.0.4[1]. I plan to move it to community to
offer a first support of the wayland protocol into Archlinux.
This will allow toolkit[2][3] packages to smoothly enable wayland
support when maintainers wants and let users try this

After Wayland I would add the demo compositor Weston to our community
repositories. To do this we needs to:
- enable wayland support into mesa ;
- enable wayland support into cairo.

If the both maintainers agreed to add support, we need to find a
gentle developper which can move wayland to extra[5].

[1] http://wayland.freedesktop.org/releases.html
[2] http://wayland.freedesktop.org/qt5.html
[3] http://wayland.freedesktop.org/gtk.html
[4] I'm already existed by arch-general be closed again
[5] Mesa and cairo are in extra and cannot depends of Wayland in community

Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
GPG: 0x2072D77A