[arch-dev-public] linux-3.8.0-1

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Wed Feb 20 22:28:28 EST 2013

On 20/02/13 20:19, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am 20.02.2013 19:13, schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> On 02/20/2013 07:50 PM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I built the kernel, now there are issues with nvidia, lirc and propably
>>> other binary modules,
>>> Do you want the kernel already in testing or should I place it somewhere
>>> else for the maintainers of the modules?
>>>
>>> greetings
>>> tpowa
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just place it in staging.
>>
> Done, please all maintainers grab 3.8.0 from staging and try to build
> your modules against it.

I rebuilt all modules against 3.8 and moved everything to [testing].

Also a note to Virtualbox's maintainers; it doesn't build with
gsoap>=2.8.13; a couple of header files don't get generated and the
build later fails when kmk_builtin_mv is called with no files to move.

For now I rebuilt Virtualbox using gsoap 2.8.11 (2.8.12 works too).