[arch-dev-public] Mesa 9.1 in testing

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 24 10:40:12 EST 2013

Am Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:41:08 +1100
schrieb Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>:

> [2013-02-23 10:23:13 +0100] Andreas Radke:
> > There are still packages in extra depending on the old libgl
> > package. We will need to fix them before makepkg will properly
> > allow to build only against new mesa.
>
> With [testing] enabled, `pacman -S libgl` still pulls the old libgl,
> rather than mesa-libgl which provides it and lies in a higher-priority
> repo. I am not sure why. Anyhow, most pacman transactions required to
> build anything depending (directly or not) on mesa and libgl result
> in:
>
> 	/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so exists in both 'mesa'
> and 'libgl'
>
> Is this what you were referring to? Or is there anything I am missing
> to avoid running into this issue.

Yes. We are looking for a solution for this. I guess this is a
pacman limitation. Afaik pacman can resolve replaces only on -Su
upgrades.

If nobody shows a real solution we can either move Mesa pretty quickly
to extra resolving this. This will for sure trigger some bugs for the
users. Or we use an ugly workaround: when a chroot build fails move the
dependency array from the top of the PKGBUILD to the package() function
array.

-A