[arch-dev-public] systemd 197 - kdm fails

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:10:54 EST 2013

On 11 January 2013 18:26, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> I'm using KDE as well, but have not been able to reproduce this
> problem. Any chance you could get some more debug info out of it?
> Sounds like something times out...

Console timeouts on mounting remote filesystems.

I remember I had this problem earlier which I solved by:
systemctl disable remote-fs.target

However, this update reenabled it for some reason. Is there a way to
make these changes permanent?

I have no idea why KDM starts longer than usual though. There's
nothing unusual in any log. It seemed to me that I heard harddisk to
be spinning more than usual when KDM is loading, but that's something
I don't usually look for, so I may be wrong.

Lukas