[arch-dev-public] [RFC] New virtual provide (ttf-font) for TrueType fonts

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Fri Jan 11 17:16:39 EST 2013

At least three bugs on our bug tracker can be solved by making relevant
truetype font packages provide 'ttf-font':

FS#33367: [chromium] should not depends on ttf-dejavu [1]
FS#26012: [kdebase-workspace] Missing dependency on a ttf- package [2]
FS#32870: [enlightenment17] needs dependency on a ttf font [3]

Based on the Gentoo ttf-fonts package [4], I am proposing to add
provides=('ttf-font') to the following font packages:

ttf-dejavu
ttf-bitstream-vera
ttf-liberation
ttf-droid
ttf-freefont

Any yays or nays? (Or maybe suggestions for slightly different naming?)

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/33367
[2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/26012
[3] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32870
[4]