[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] Winter Cleanup of [community]

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:16:41 EST 2013

Hi,

2013/1/24 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> I agree with just dumping vi and moving [vim] to core...  But we can not
> put split packages across repos and gvim and deps are not going there so
> that is a no...

That is fully understandable. I guess unsplitting vim/gvim is not a
viable option either.

I see that nano is already in core, but if there's a wish for a
vi-compatible editor in [core], there is "e3" in [community] which
also provides /usr/bin/e3vi for vi-compatibility. It's really tiny and
fast, and only takes up 76 KiB of space after installation. Perhaps
that could be an alternative?

>> And perhaps openldap could be moved to [extra] or [community].
>
> Split package with libldap...  so no.

These are the packages in [core] that depend on libldap:

dirmngr
nfsidmap
krb5

dirmngr and nfsidmap are maintained by Tobias Powalowski, while krb5
is maintained by Stéphane Gaudreault. Perhaps one of them would like
to adopt libldap, since only their packages in [core] depends on it.

--
Best regards,
  Alexander Rødseth