[arch-dev-public] Winter Cleanup of [extra]

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:25:57 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I renamed this thread to get it more visibility.
>
> Alexander did this list of orphans packages that can be moved to [community]:

We should only move packages to [community] if a TU is interested in
adopting them. Otherwise, we should move them to AUR (or keep them in
[extra]) as it will won't solve the problem of orphaned packages in
repo. So if a TU is interested in some of these packages, they should
let us know which one they wants.

> aspell-hu
> aspell-nl
> aspell-pt
> aspell-ru

i18n packages. Low maintenance. Should remain in repo [extra] or
[community] either as adopted or orphaned.

> fltk-docs
> fltk-games

Split package for fltk. Should remain in [extra].

> hunspell-hu
> hyphen-hu
> hyphen-it
> hyphen-nl

i18n packages. Low maintenance. Should remain in repo ([extra] or
[community]) either as adopted or orphaned.

> libofx-doc

Split package for libofx. Only required by [community] packages.
Should be moved to [community]

> mythes-hu
> mythes-it
> mythes-nl

i18n packages. Low maintenance. Should remain in repo [extra] or
[community] either as adopted or orphaned.

> xfce4-*

I beleive many users use xfce4 so we might want to keep the plugins in the repos