[arch-dev-public] Packages still containing rc.d scripts

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Wed Jun 5 07:06:59 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 08:55:14PM +1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2013-06-05 12:44:03 +0200] Andrea Scarpino:
> > On Wednesday 05 June 2013 12:37:54 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> > > I saw an updated version of bluez in [testing] that no longer contains
> > > these files. Can someone please have a look at ntp, tomcat6, x11vnc,
> > > couchdb and wesnoth?
> >
> > I guess that those have been updated on trunk only.
>
> That's indeed what I did with my packages (including ntp and x11vnc);
> there is no hurry to push this to the repos that I can see...

Well, it is a bit inconsistent to rebuild all but 5 packages in our
repositories. Also, I just wanted to make sure that people double-check
their packages. If all of these still contain rc.d scripts due to
removing them on trunk only, I am fine with that (as long as none of the
packages in question are only updated once every decade).