[arch-dev-public] Integrity Check i686: core, extra, community 14-06-2013

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Fri Jun 14 10:20:44 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 04:09:03PM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 14.06.2013 16:04, schrieb repomaint at archlinux.org:
> > Repo Hierarchy for Dependencies
> > ---------------------------------
> > core/grub-common depends on extra/freetype2 (488 extra (make)deps to pull)
> > core/grub-common depends on extra/fuse (488 extra (make)deps to pull)
> > core/grub-efi-i386 depends on extra/efibootmgr (488 extra (make)deps to pull)
> > core/grub-efi-x86_64 depends on extra/efibootmgr (488 extra (make)deps to pull)
> > core/nfs-utils depends on extra/sqlite (488 extra (make)deps to pull)
>
> What happened here? [core] was once self-contained, now it isn't - and
> fixing that would blow it up considerably. Do we no longer care?

Fuck it, move grub to extra. When your bootloader depends on a font
rendering package and FUSE, you have bigger problems than repository
bloat.

I'd also suggest we move sqlite to an optdep of nfs-utils, as well. It
appears that only nfsdcltrack links to sqlite, and this isn't something
that everyone needs to run. Even the manpage points out that the daemon
is essentially for working around edge cases. Epic fail, RedHat.