[arch-dev-public] Bootstrap images for installing Arch from another system

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 22 15:34:20 EDT 2013

Am 22.06.2013 20:55, schrieb Dave Reisner:
>>> I wonder if you could use arch-chroot isntead of just chroot here.
>>
>> It requires bash 4 - if that's not installed on the host, arch-chroot
>> will not work. I would rather provide instructions involving manual
>> bind-mounting and chroot.
>
> If you think its worthwhile to make the install scripts bash 3 compat I can
> look into doing this.

Is it worthwhile? All we want is run arch-chroot to get into our
bootstrap environment cleanly, so that is the only tool that would need
adjustment.

If we want to ensure compatibility here, I would make it #!/bin/sh
compatible so it'll work everywhere. It would also need to deal with
missing /run gracefully.