[arch-dev-public] rc.d init files package

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Sun Mar 31 10:55:54 EDT 2013

On 31 March 2013 17:09, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We (the place where I work) have some customers that run arch as their
> primary os and I would like to create a package that contains rc.d init
> files that were dropped until now.
>
> I know this idea was discussed in the past and a lot of our users liked
> the idea but until now nobody stepped up.
>
> Let me know what you guys want me to support and i'll add it into my
> package.

We should not support anything like this officially; it can be a
source of confusion and/or give off the impression that we haven't
fully switched to systemd and that it's OK to continue using
initscripts on a system.

Most Arch users probably have migrated to systemd by now; your
customers should switch too (if they haven't done so already).