[arch-dev-public] Some PNG images won't work with libpng 1.6

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Sat May 4 14:22:35 EDT 2013

On 04/05/13 10:38, Rashif Ray Rahman wrote:
> Tentatively, should we just run the fixer for the affected packages
> and push them to testing (so visuals don't break all of a sudden after
> updates)? Whether the maintainer says anything or not, we're gonna
> have to move stuff out from testing anyway.

I'd like to move the packages out of testing too, so I created a todo
list to fix the problematic packages:

https://www.archlinux.org/todo/fix-invalid-pngs-for-libpng-16/

I left out some packages that shouldn't need to be fixed. (Unused PNGs
that only exist in the source files.)

It'd also be nice to push the fixed PNGs upstream so we can drop our
manual fixing in future versions. This would only be worthwhile for
actively maintained software (in my opinion).