[arch-dev-public] linux-3.9.0-1 in testing

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed May 8 20:27:38 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 01.05.2013 01:52, schrieb Sébastien Luttringer:
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Tobias Powalowski
>> <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> -
>>> virtualbox-modules
>>> Please fix the  PKGBUILD that it works with .0 kernels too, I had to
>>> hardcode the 3.9.0 into it.

I've pushed a fix but it sucks.

>> Ah now I see why Ioni had issues with kernel bump.
>>
>> Do you have a way to guess the kernel modules path from the current
>> installed version (not running)?
>
> cat /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-3.9-ARCH/version
> 3.9.0-2-ARCH

So we needs to do something like the following to guess the real
version from the linux-headers package version?

cat /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-$(expac -Q '%v' linux-headers |sed
-r 's/([[:digit:]]+\.[[:digit:]]+).*/\1/')-ARCH/version

A side effect, this file is owner by linux package and pull it in
makedepends cause the chroot installations needs to grow from 46MB to
140MB (on i686).
Where previously only linux-headers was required.

If the linux package version could match the real kernel version, it
would simplify scripts.
In others words, add .0 to the first released version (instead of
using the tarball name)

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer