[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Bluez 5

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon May 13 12:02:12 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

I would like to push Bluez 5 to the repos, and rename Bluez 4 to
'bluez4'. Some things still require Bluez 4, and the two can not be
installed together, so this is how I propose to do it.

We will have the following packages:

bluez4: the bluetooth daemon, providing the old dbus interface (a
pared down version of our current 'bluez' package)
bluez: the bluetooth daemon, providing the new dbus interface (not
backwards compatible)
bluez-libs: the libraries split off from the bluez package (backwards
compatible)
bluez-utils: the (development and testing) tools split off from the
bluez package (backwards compatible)

All packages currently depending on 'bluez' will have to be rebuilt to
depend on 'bluez-libs' (most packages), 'bluez4' (at least
libbluedevil) or 'bluez' (if anything has support for this). Packages
that simply makedepend do not need to be rebuilt, just change the
dependency in SVN (there is no soname bump).

Any objections?

Cheers,

Tom