[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in fail2ban/trunk (PKGBUILD)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed May 15 11:48:21 EDT 2013

Am 15.05.2013 13:02, schrieb Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> Alea iacta est. While I agree that move could be planned better, it's
> not exim (nor any other MTA) fault that someone took bad decision to
> hardcode path to sendmail.
>
> SMTP forwarders aren't as crucial as bash is, therefore I don't see any
> reason to revert changes or delay moving binaries to /usr/bin. Just
> message maintainer that his package is broken due to recent changes.

I am pretty sure this breaks a lot of stuff (PHP, web apps, scripts
etc.). There is no reason to intentionally break things. It also doesn't
matter who's fault it is and if using absolute paths is a great idea or
not.

I would say if a package is known to or might be used by third party
apps or custom scripts, we should delay the move to the point where we
can introduce a /bin /usr/bin symlink etc.

Greetings,

Pierre