[arch-dev-public] Removing glib 1, gtk 1 and qt3

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:20:42 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Jan Alexander Steffens <
jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings everypony,
>
> Can we throw out glib 1, gtk 1 and qt3? These are seriously legacy
> libraries.
>
> Check "pactree -rs glib" and "pactree -rs qt3" for dependent packages.
>
> Cheers,
> Jan

Well gtk is a depends for imlib wich is required by fvwm, the WM I use.
Unless imlib can work without gtk, I give a big -1 to removing glib/gtk
from the repo.

Beside the fact that they are old, is there any reason to remove them from
the repo? I maintain these threee packages and they are working well (no
bug assigned).  I don't see why they should be removed especially since
many apps still depends on them.

Eric