[arch-dev-public] Merging the "bin" directories

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Thu May 23 21:17:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>  Some packages clearly can not have that done and will
> have to wait until we are prepared to replace those directories with
> symlinks.
>
> Once we see how many packages are left, we can start planning to finally
> get rid of these directories.

Can we think about doing this soon? There is 234 packages left and 453
have been fixed.

I've lost network on 3 hosts by updating them and have systemd
services which use /usr/sbin/{ethtool,sysctl}. There is also breakage
to fcron users who doesn't take care immediately of .pacnew files.
Instead of starting looking at which package can cause breakage or
not, launching the final rebuild now will save admin time.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net