[arch-dev-public] ICU 51.2 ABI breakage

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Fri May 24 23:59:44 EDT 2013

It would appear that ICU 51.2 causes segfaults in at least LibreOffice:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/35466

http://upstream-tracker.org/compat_reports/icu4c/51.1_to_51.2/abi_compat_report.html#High_Risk_Problems

I moved the poppler rebuilds out of testing so that libreoffice
doesn't have to be rebuilt twice. I will proceed to rebuild
libreoffice, verify that the segfaults are gone and push it to extra.

I assume that only packages linking to the layout engine
(libicule.so.51) need to be rebuilt, so I will only do libreoffice and
harfbuzz. (I'm basing this on the upstream-tracker.org report which
shows just a few symbols in the LayoutEngine class as affected.)

Andy, please check to see if anything else needs to be done to address
this problem. :)