[arch-dev-public] Finishing the /usr move

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu May 30 23:50:21 EDT 2013

On 29/05/13 11:56, Allan McRae wrote:

> Draft upgrade instructions:
>
> 1) Fix any non-official packages with files in /bin, /sbin or /usr/sbin
> to put those files in /usr/bin.  The list of packages to be fixed can be
> generated using:
> $ comm -12 <(pacman -Qqm) <(pacman -Qqo /bin /sbin /usr/sbin | sort -u)
>
> 2) Make sure any packages in IgnorePkg or IgnoreGroup do not have files
> in /bin, /sbin, or /usr/sbin.  Fix them if necessary.
>
> 3) Update your system:
> $ pacman -Syu --ignore filesystem
> $ pacman -Su

I just upgraded to the [staging] repo because packages I use are rebuilt...

Doing a "pacman -Syu" gave a conflict as expected.  Did not test that
"pacman -Syu --force" failed, because it was on my only working system
at the moment.

The followed the instructions above.  Rebooted at the end for good
measure.  DONE!  No issues.

Allan