[arch-dev-public] Finishing the /usr move

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Fri May 31 07:35:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 31/05/13 21:03, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> And it is now in the [testing] repository.
>>>
>>> A reminder of the upgrade instructions:
>>>

>>> 1) Fix any non-official packages with files in /bin, /sbin or /usr/sbin
>>> to put those files in /usr/bin.  The list of packages to be fixed can be
>>> generated using:
>>> $ comm -12 <(pacman -Qqm) <(pacman -Qqo /bin /sbin /usr/sbin | sort -u)
>>>
>> A sort is needed for the first pacman call.
>>
>> $ comm -12 <(pacman -Qqm) <(pacman -Qqo /bin /sbin /usr/sbin | sort
>> -u)
>> comm: file 1 is not in sorted order
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Hrm...  I was sure pacman sorted this occording to the system locale.
> Will add for the news post.
>
> Allan

Another small suggestion about the message, it doesn't detect packages
in unofficial repositories.
I had some packages conflicting and not detected because they are in
my personal repostory.
I used the following command to detect all packages (except filesystem).

comm -12 <(pacman -Qq|grep -v filesystem|sort) <(pacman -Qqo /bin
/sbin /usr/sbin|sort)

Why not symlink /usr/local/sbin to /usr/local/bin in filesystems?

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net