[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [arch-commits] Commit in (9 files)

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Nov 27 20:15:38 EST 2013

On 27/11/2013 15:31, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> On 27/11/2013 14:57, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
>> A bit sad to be starting out the new docker package with "the mark of
>> shame" (epoch=1), but so be it. ;)
>>
> I'm waiting some answer before pushing this package in our repository.

I got answers/help from upstream. I want underline that they are really
nice and it's a pleasure to work with them.

So, I built a fresh new PKGBUILD[1] for 0.7.0.

Some notes on differences with AUR version:
- docker is built dynamically (and no more upstream blob)
- use upstream version for bash and zsh completions
- move of dockerinit from /usr/libexec to /usr/lib/docker [2]
- use improved systemd service file (e.g make-rpivate) [3]

Now I need to test this new package more deeply.

And we're waiting for Daniel words about renaming current docker
package. In case this is not possible, upstream advice to use lxc-docker[4].

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/seblu/archpkg/blob/master/docker/PKGBUILD
[2] https://github.com/dotcloud/docker/pull/2924
[3] https://github.com/dotcloud/docker/pull/2925