[arch-dev-public] I do not wish to be a bug tracker webmaster

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Sep 11 10:35:39 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Since I don't know where to put this, please please PLEASE stop assigning
> me to bugs/feature requests/etc. related to the bugtracker. Just because I
> maintain the home page doesn't mean I maintain everything web related. I
> have 0% interest in maintaining Flyspray, migrating to a new platform, etc.
I found 4 bugs (15865, 20074, 24999, 36103) opened around
bugtracker/flyspray. Nothing really important in a day to day work.

The most controversial is FS#24999 as flyspray seems still under
development[1] and do job pretty well as far I know.

Jira is free for opensource[2], so we can use it at no software cost
(or even hosting cost). But it's closed source and a running in java.
I receive a lot of complain from engineers in charge of setuping our
company jira.

> It looks like we do need someone to do this; so if anyone knows someone
> that is willing to take a crack at getting us off the antiquated system we
> are using, I can at least help get some database dumps, etc.
As I previously stated, if sysadmin team needs help, I'd be pleased.
But the answer was we are already staffed.
By example, it would be interesting to add a kind of ARM[3] in our
official infrastructure.

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/
[2] https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request