[arch-dev-public] systemd 207 ignores /etc/sysctl.conf

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Fri Sep 13 09:55:23 EDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 01:12:20PM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a new features in systemd 207 is to no longer read /etc/sysctl.conf.
> Instead /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf has to be used. Imho this needs a news item
> and we also need to think about what to do with the file we ship as part
> of procps-ng.

I've been talking about shipping that file in /usr/lib/sysctl.d for a
while, but never got around to filing a bug (or doing it myself). We
might also consider just dropping it, since this is in line with the
upstream default.

There's some bugfixes I should backport to 207 (sigh), so I can add a
post_upgrade message to mention this once we figure out the direction
we're going in.