[arch-dev-public] Orphans

Balló György ballogyor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 21:51:24 EDT 2013

> In connection with the newly created TODO lists for rebuilds of
> packages formerly maintained by people that are no longer involved
> with Arch Linux, I wondered if there would be any objections if I
> moved the following packages from [community] to AUR: (They are
> currently unneeded orphans, ref
> https://www.archlinux.org/devel/reports/unneeded-orphans/).

We didn't have a Midyear Cleanup[1] in 2013, so my opinion is to put
this list into a new wiki page (Midyear Cleanup/2013), and wait some
time for adoptions.

At the same time, I orphaned gwibber and its dependencies. Gwibber is
no longer maintained by upstream, and its replacement, Friends App is
highly dependent on Ubuntu's own libraries. The newly orphaned
packages:

account-plugins
credentials-preferences
dee