[arch-dev-public] providing grsecurity in [community]

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Fri Apr 18 08:02:59 EDT 2014

On 18/04/2014 13:07, Daniel Micay wrote:
> On 18/04/14 05:34 AM, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> There's no problem with simply not building a VirtualBox module for the
> linux-grsec kernel.
Being not consistent is a problem to me. But nothing which I can overcome.

> You're not building one now, so there would be
> nothing gained or lost.
I build 2 modules for each release[1]. Could be 3 tomorrow. I miss your
point.

> Supporting out-of-tree modules wasn't something
> I planned on considering at all right away.
Suggestion of Massimiliano is fine to me. If we all agree to get ride of
compiled modules, there is no burden to me to grsec kernel addition.
This even open the door to talk about versioned kernel :)

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://seblu.net