[arch-dev-public] providing grsecurity in [community]

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 14:11:18 EDT 2014

On 19/04/14 12:28 AM, Daniel Micay wrote:
> I've already spent far more time writing these mailing list responses
> than any amount of work I've put into improving security-related
> issues... speaking of development resources.
Hah. I would just like to add that unofficial repositories are usually a
dead end.

1. Maintainer adds kernel to his own repository and tries to advertise
it in the forums.
2. Only 10 people install it.
3. Maintainer decides it's not worth the work and takes down the repo.

With [community] there is a much higher probability that packages will
be popular and maintained for awhile.