[arch-dev-public] gcc-4.9 toolchain is now in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 23 23:27:49 EDT 2014

I have pushed the gcc-4.9 toolchain to the [testing] repo.  There are a
couple of testsuite failures remaining (detailed below).  The binutils
one I think is a false positive, the gcc one is unimportant.  I am still
unsure about the glibc issue and will discuss upstream.

One this is out of [testing], I will change the CFLAGS from
-fstack-protector to -fstack-protector-strong in our makepkg.conf.

Changes:

gcc-4.9.0-1:
 - new upstream release
 - http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/changes.html
 - currently small test failure on x86_64 only
(c-c++-common/tsan/thread_leak1.c)

linux-api-headers-3.14.1-1:
 - upstream update
 - add upstream patch to fix dual xattr.h inclusion

binutils-2.24-3:
 - add upstream patch testsuite failures with gcc-4.9
 - one failure (LTO 11) remains

glibc-2.19-4:
 - replace hack fix for dual xattr.h inclusion with upstream one
 - i686 has minor failures in libm ULPs (patch sent upstream)
 - i686 has a failure in nptl/tst-cleanupx4.out.  No idea on that one yet...

libtool-2.4.2-13:
 - rebuild