[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [systemd-devel] Assigning a second ip-address on interface (i.e. eth0 and eth0:1)

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Apr 24 07:27:54 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

It was recently brought to my attention (see below) that we still ship
net-tools in Arch. Should we perhaps start working on dropping that? I
regularly run into users who use it without knowing that it is dead
and broken. Moving it to the AUR would hopefully send the right
message...

I know that this will probably upset people's muscle-memory as most
people probably have been using these tools for decades. I guess
that's not an insurmountable problem for us though?

Cheers,

Tom