[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [systemd-devel] Assigning a second ip-address on interface (i.e. eth0 and eth0:1)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Thu Apr 24 08:06:14 EDT 2014

On 24.04.2014 13:27, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> It was recently brought to my attention (see below) that we still ship
> net-tools in Arch. Should we perhaps start working on dropping that?

I dislike ss's output format. 'ss -tulpn' is kind of the same as
'netstat -tulpen' yet way harder to read (tons of useless whitespace in
there and 2 lines per listener).

I don't care about ifconfig too much, but other binaries in the package
are still useful imho and should be kept so -1 for dropping to aur. I'm
fine with dropping it from core though.