[arch-dev-public] linux 3.16 in [testing]

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:30:13 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It's also worth mentioning that we no longer change the default
>> console loglevel to 4 (= quiet). This makes the boot screen a bit
>> noisy which is solvable with the 'quiet' kernel argument.
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_MESSAGE_LOGLEVEL=4
>
> so no change here.

Wrong; that setting doesn't affect the default console log level, but
the log level used for printk statements without a level. It also
defaults to 4.

In order to make "quiet" the default you need to patch it again.
However, note that the CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_DEFAULT define was moved to
include/linux/printk.h.