[arch-dev-public] perf-trace missing due to a dependency on libaudit

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:47:20 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
> RBAC also allows quite a bit of auditing with the grsecurity audit
> infrastructure. You can audit attempts to make use of a certain path,
> capability, IP protocol, etc. Of course, this assumes you have a basic
> working RBAC policy for tacking on allowed + audited policies or
> disallowed + audited policies. So CONFIG_AUDIT=Y is a lot less useful.

I'm sad that AUDIT was disabled. It provided /proc/self/loginuid,
which I used in my shell scripts.

loginuid is also used by glibc's getlogin(3), which now no longer
works unless the user is logged in on their terminal. In managed X
sessions that's often not the case, resulting in bugs like
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40975 .