[arch-dev-public] Namcap maintainer

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Dec 14 14:53:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:23:40PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 14/12/14 23:20, keenerd wrote:
> > Hi devs.
> >
> > With your approval and permission I would like to be added to the
> > maintainers for Namcap.  It aligns well with my interests and does not
> > seem to have any active maintainer at present.  I'd like to
> > immediately get through the backlog of patches, feature requests and
> > bug reports (mine included).
> >

> I am happy for this to happen.  I am told that we will need some patches
> to be applied with the pacman-4.2 release, so getting an active
> maintainer now would be a good thing.
>
> If no-one objects soon, I will give permissions to Kyle.
>
> Allan

namcap doesn't need attention -- it's pyalpm which needs it for the
4.2 release. I've got a few patches which work towards this (and make
namcap work with pacman-git), but they need further help from someone
who's actually interested in development to finish them off and make
pycman fully useful again.

No objections to Kyle taking over namcap alone, but I have to ask, Kyle,
are you interested in taking on pyalpm as well?

dR