[arch-dev-public] Busy until mid-July, maybe?

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:34:23 EDT 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am currently rather busy and unable to invest time into packaging.
> This situation has been going on all June and will likely remain
> unchanged for a few weeks.
>
> In the meantime, can someone upgrade my packages? The following have
> been flagged:
>
> * cryptsetup (flagged 29.06.) - easy version bump
>
> * intel-ucode (flagged 26.06.) - easy version bump, finding the correct
> download link requires a few minutes though
>
> * linux (it seems Tobias is taking care of the 3.15 series again, so no
> problem here)
>
> * lvm2 (flagged 23.06.) - easy version bump (hopefully, sometimes it breaks)
>
> * mkinitcpio-busybox (flagged 18.04.) - this is not urgent at all and
> requires lots of testing in order to not break mkinitcpio. Since I don't
> use it anymore (I use mkinitcpio with systemd), I lacked the motivation
> to build this so far.
>
> * v4l-utils / lib32-v4l-utils (flagged 01.07.) - easy version bump.
>
> * wireless-regdb (already in testing, can probably be moved)
>
> * wpa_supplicant + wpa_supplicant_gui (flagged 10.06.) - this should
> stay in testing for a while, since it is so important and has so much
> potential for subtle breakage. It also takes time to find out if the
> build configuration needs to be adjusted.

I'll take care of wpa_supplicant and friends. I use it on one of my
testing machines.

The only configuration change I see is adding following option

# Should we use epoll instead of select? Select is used by default.
#CONFIG_ELOOP_EPOLL=y

And the option sounds like it worth enabling (epoll is more scalable
than select).