[arch-dev-public] [draft] xorg-server 1.16 is now available (v2)
lordheavym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 06:34:31 EDT 2014
- add a note about redirection of stderr and rootless login
- add a note about configuration file change
Please check for typos/errors/...
The new version comes with the following changes:
* X is now rootless with the help of systemd-logind, this also means that it
must be launched from the same virtual terminal as was used to log in,
redirecting stderr breaks also rootless login. Please note that launching X
through a login-manager (gdm, kdm, ...) doesn't yet provide rootless access.
The old root execution behavior can be restored through the Xorg.wrap config
file (man xorg.wrap).
* The default configuration files are now in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d, all
host configurations are still taking place in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory.
Please note that files 10-evdev.conf and 10-quirks.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
could be renamed with .pacsave suffix, which could break your configuration,
then just rename them and remove the .pacsave suffix.
* Better glamor accelerated rendering, deprecating glamor-egl package.
* A new package xorg-server-xwayland that allows running X applications inside
a wayland session.
* The xf86-video-intel package doesn't yet provide dri3 support because of
multiple rendering bugs.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public