[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add ARM to archlinux.org

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 24 21:02:53 EDT 2014

[2014-03-25 00:55:51 +0100] Sébastien Luttringer:
> On 24/03/2014 23:50, Dave Reisner wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:35:36PM +0100, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> > Does 2013 cover the whole year?
> Four full months. More details in listing this page[1]

Is there any use keeping packages older than, say, a year? That'd take
200 GB of disk space. Would you have an estimate of the average monthly
bandwidth usage?

Personally, although I think the AUR is a valuable service and that you
shouldn't be assuming its costs and maintenance alone, I'm not sure if
making it official would be a good thing (TM) in terms of encouraging
users to downgrade packages rather than reporting bugs and upgrading
cleanly when things break.

--
Gaetan