[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add ARM to archlinux.org

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:12:21 EDT 2014

On 25 March 2014 04:35, Sébastien Luttringer <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As you may know I'm running ARM[1] since the last maintainer resign in
> August 2013. I would like to propose its addition into our official
> services.
>
> My current suggestion is to keep the current server and hierarchy and to
> move it under an archlinux.org subdomain. So far, best suggestions are:
> - archive.archlinux.org
> - museum.archlinux.org
> - rollback.archlinux.org
>
> Current cost in byte is:
> # du -hcs 2013 2014
> 111G    2013
> 55G     2014
> 165G    total
>
> In a second time, we could:
> - move the files on an official server
> - move installer backups[2]
> - add AUR
> - backup them (by mirroring or others)
>
> Current used scripts are freely available here[3].
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ARM
> [2] https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/archive/
> [3] https://github.com/seblu/armtools

You may be forgetting an important point. I may be wrong, but we also
have to serve the sources [1] for these binary packages if it's going
to appear like we're "supporting" this system of rolling back. And for
every version at that.

Our argument for having only one version currently is because we
"support" only one version at any one time. I'm not sure if having
this system as part of our infrastructure is going to affect that
position.

[1] ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/sources

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1