[arch-dev-public] Trimming down our default kernel configuration

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Thu Mar 27 05:16:39 EDT 2014

On 27.03.2014 10:08, Massimiliano Torromeo wrote:
> I didn't know when it was added in the kernel or why, but I find it useful
> and would appreciate it being kept in (that's why I maintain
> community/audit).

If it wouldn't log all kinds of new session stuff (I guess those are all
ssh logins) to dmesg even if you don't use auditd. So far the only way I
found to get rid of all those messages is to either install and start
auditd and disable then audit or to add audit=0 or something to the
kernel line. I don't like either.

If it could be enabled but default to not logging anything I'd be happy.