[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [arch-general] Java 8

Guillaume Alaux guillaume at alaux.net
Mon Mar 31 07:38:19 EDT 2014

On 30 March 2014 20:46, Guillaume Alaux <guillaume at alaux.net> wrote:
> On 30 March 2014 20:39, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On Sun 30, March 20:03:51 Guillaume Alaux wrote:
>>> You might be talking about "icedtea-web" [0], the browser plugin that
>>> enables some Java interpretation inside browsers? This is yet another
>>> project provided by the IcedTea team.
>>
>> Indeed. Thank you for the clarification.
>>
>> Could you provide an openjdk8 package without IcedTea? Isn't necessary to put
>> that in the repos, just to test what would be missing/broken.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Andrea
>> Arch Linux Developer
>
> Sure! I will need to finish it first of course and will let you know.
> Should not be long. I do not expect much breakerage if any.
>
> Also I asked on the IcedTea ML to get an idea of when they think this
> release could happen.

Ok so answer from IcedTeam team [0] is they should relase "Hopefully
in the next month. It depends how involved the security errata is next
month."

I am thus going to keep on working on a package *without IceTea* in
case we want to test/release it and prepare one *with IcedTea* ready
when this release is out.

[0] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2014-March/026974.html

--
Guillaume