[arch-dev-public] [Draft] - News announcement for GHC 7.8.2

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Thu May 1 00:02:08 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Really? Perhaps I'm missing something, but couldn't we just manually
> edit the .PKGINFO from inside the tarball and let the rest as-is?

Oh, hmm... I never gave that any consideration. I've been avoiding editing
PKGINFO files up until now, but if it fixes it and I could push a changed
package to [testing] without affecting the move to [extra] that would be
awesome!

What are the exact steps to modifying a package that is already in repos?