[arch-dev-public] Upgrading to ntp-dev

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue May 6 06:25:28 EDT 2014

[2014-02-11 10:30:48 -1000] Gaetan Bisson:
> The ntp-stable branch last saw a release in 2011. If there are no
> objections, I'll switch our ntp package to the ntp-dev branch, where all
> development effort (new features, bug fixes) has happened since.

I felt we had reached a good enough consensus after those three months
without any objection, so I have pushed this update to [testing].

There has been a few good feature changes upstream (such as ntpdc being
deprecated in favor of ntpq) but their impact is minimal to the average
user so I do not believe an announcement is warranted.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan