[arch-dev-public] [Draft] MariaDB 10.0 enters [extra]

Bartłomiej Piotrowski b at bpiotrowski.pl
Sat May 17 08:40:45 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

New MariaDB is sitting in [testing] for a while now. It's temporarily
built using Clang, mainly because new gcc snapshot hasn't fixed
segfaults for everyone. I want to resolve it before moving anything,
but in the meantime I wrote an announcement draft.

Title: MariaDB 10.0 enters [extra]

Content:
A new major release of MariaDB will be moved to [extra] soon. The change
in versioning scheme has been made to clearly distinguish provided
functionality from MySQL 5.6. From now on, it won't be possible to
easily move between various MySQL implementations provided in the
official repositories.

Due to major changes in MariaDB 10.0, it is recommended (although not
necessary) to dump the tables before upgrading and reloading the dump
file afterwards. After upgrading to the new version don't forget to
restart `mysqld.service` and run `mysql_upgrade` to check the databases
for possible errors.

Additionally TokuDB storage engine has been disabled because of
repeating build failures. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

For detailed information on changes and upgrade steps, please refer to
[MariaDB Knowledge
Base](https://mariadb.com/kb/en/what-is-mariadb-100/) and [MySQL
Reference
Manual](https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading.html).